As 2012 winds completely down today, I went back over my posts for 2012 to see what all happened. I don’t normally go out and pull the analytics for my personal site too often. So, when I pulled the complete 2012 statistics, I was definitely pleasantly surprised… Over 9200 visitors this past year. Thanks folks! So, I pulled the top five viewed posts for 2012. Calling them the viewers Best of SteveBellNow.
Is your favorite on the list?
1. Emotions in the Workplace – I really enjoyed this topic! One of the most difficult tasks for a manager is dealing with emotions in the workplace. Partly because the organization as a whole, would like to keep emotions, especially negative ones, out of the workplace.
2. Managing vs Leading – I still get calls from folks on this one! From my background, I have done a lot of managing teams over my career. I even have taught “new” managers how to be successful. Since I am working with different organizations, I am witnessing struggles of managing and leading.
3. Why Is Change So Hard For Some (Most)? – I really enjoyed writing this one because those changes that did happen – worked. I have been working with some folks on making some pretty radical changes with how the non-profit I help out with will move forward in the future.
4. Learning from Tradegy – A very personal post that touched me deeply. This one was the most recent post and I was happy that it made it to the top 5. The tragedy that happened Friday, Dec 14 in Newtown, CT is one that hit home to me in many ways. First, I am a parent and a grandparent. I really don’t know how I would feel if this happened directly to me. I do know, that I was touched deeply while watching this unfold on TV. I was putting myself right in the middle of this as a parent and grandparent. Also, I am married to a school teacher!
5. New Leadership Position – You’re Up – Sharing my experiences with others really makes me continue to do what I do! A close friend as me about stepping into “new” leadership positions. Over the years, I have been blessed with getting to lead many teams. During that time, I have been able to really develop my approach to new situations, teams, people and competencies.
If you read those… Thanks. If not, take a look – many others have.
Again, thanks folks for 2012. I had fun with my blog. I am looking forward to 2013…