I know this may sound a bit vain, but… Do you ever wonder what people say about you when you are gone? I have been retired for a little over 17 months… Just the other day, I was sitting and pondering that very question. What did or are people saying about me?
From time to time, we used to joke about when I person left our department or the company that we used to blame all mistakes or issues on them. We all knew that it probably wasn’t true, but you have a little fun with it. I bet some of that went on… What really was said?
I think the worst thing that can be said is nothing. I spent most of my working life there. Working along side some very talented people. I tried my best. I really hope that what was said is:
- You could count on Steve to get stuff done.
- Steve was a pretty good boss, I would work for him again.
- Steve made coming to work everyday, fun.
- Steve was a straight shooter. You could count on him to tell you like it was.
- Steve taught me and helped me so much.
I guess the above statements would really be the things that I hold very close to me. That I wanted to let people know that I cared about them, helped them and had fun along the way.
Do you ever wonder?
Image: Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos