Ever look at many of your posts and think about all of the words that you have written? I was sitting down reading some of my older posts, thinking about the content and my voice. As for blogging, I have changed quite a bit over the years. I hope for the better… One item that came to my mind after reading the post on leadership – I really don’t have a short must do post. I have a lot of tactical items but that overarching quick item is missing. So, here you go, that short read.
Here is my take on my leadership posts that boil down to those 5 items that you (as the leader) you must do:
- Make sure to take some quiet time everyday (30 mins to an hour) to really focus in on uninterrupted thoughts. Call it planning time, but block it on your calendar. Since I carry a notebook and write down many thoughts – this time gives me a way to deeply react to those random thoughts in my notebook.
- Thinking continuous improvement everyday. Nothing is perfect. Nobody is perfect. You need to make sure that you are looking at how to improve everyday.
- Ensure that you have set expectations and goals so that everyone understands. Having that knowledge will insure that your team is fired up on a path of success.
- Provide an environment for success. Making stuff happen! Everything centers around achievement.
- Treat people as you would like to be treat, but only better. Everyone is an individual and must be treat as such. If you treat your team better than you want to be treat, you will win.
Like I said, short and to the point. If you want to read more, just hit the leadership tag and many posts will come up to help get deeper into those topics.