The past month, I have been hit by email updates about what am I up to. Someone actually wrote to say, why no update to the Retired Guy series. I am shocked… I really did not think that people actually read those. At least there are a few. Now is the time to update..
From the personal side:
- The hip replacement has gone as planned. Everything is healing as expected. The physical therapist is happy with the progress. It is looking like I should be able to get back in the gym within a week or two. Just in time for me to work on getting some of the weight off, from sitting around during the holidays.
- Thanksgiving and Hanukah went well. Getting together with family and friends is something special every time we do it. Watching the grand daughter’s open up their presents is always a delight. Those faces light up!
- Holiday and birthday parties. Our house was used for Haley Elementary staff holiday party! The weather sucked that day, by Arizona standards. It was rainy and cold, which took the party to the inside. There were 69 or so folks at this one. My wife did an amazing job! The other party was for my grand daughter, Melia, she turned 3. My daughter decided to use our backyard for their party. Both were awesome events.
- We are in the middle of some projects at home. House painting (inside) is underway. Since I am not able to really do the painting, I am having some amazing people do the painting. They are doing a very nice job (and they are extremely clean about it).
From my other activities:
- I continue to take care of the Haley Elementary Facebook page. We are starting to really see some traction from the parents and teachers on using this for events. The calendar is working out great. We continue to add photos as well. The other day, one of the local newspapers started to share our information out.
- We are in the last couple of days left in 2011 and Az4Education is busy working on getting the last bit of charitable donations by the end of the year. So, if you are in Arizona and what to help a student out – check us out!
- I continue to look for my “second” career. With the end of the year, I am starting to notice more jobs opening up. Some of them have definitely caught my attention. Submitted a few job applications to those. We will see what happens.
- Got together with some of my old co-workers. I definitely enjoy meeting up and catching up with those people. They are great friends. We talked about everything under the sun. Some of the topics were No Pants, good times, plans for the future, help needed and just general BS. It was all good stuff.
From the Blog side:
- I am working on changing the theme. It is time. I have narrowed my choices down. I am deciding between the Thesis or Genesis Themes. Anyone have a preference? Remember, I am a novice at making changes…