Wow, where has the time gone? I have reached the magical 6 month milestone of being retired. So, what’s up?
- I am still helping out in a couple of areas that I feel pretty passionate about! My time has been really getting Az4Education activities moving forward with using social media tools. We have added Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn to help spread the word. This past weekend, the board met and award some scholarships to some very deserving students. So, if you like to help out others and have some extra money – please consider donating to Az4Education.
- The To Do list is still pretty long… I was able to get plenty of that list accomplished, but it seems that there are some very large items. I did get 3 bids for remodeling and adding some backyard landscaping. Wanted to update and change the pool some (add some of the new eco-friendly pool equipment). Still waiting to decide when and if we want to pull the trigger.
- Spending plenty of time with the family! My grand daughter is taking swimming lessons in our pool! Which means that I have the job of making sure the pool is in excellent shape. We have gotten much use this summer! My daughter will be moving from the west side of town back to the east side. Much closer…
- School is getting ready to start up soon! My wife is now busy getting ready for the new school year. Which usually includes me!
- Vacation!!!! I have slowed down my blogging some.. Well, that is about to change…
With 6 months in the books, I really feel that I want and will go back to full-time employment. I have stepped up my efforts in “really” looking for a my second career. I can see why many folks that go into retirement, come out of retirement. Retirement needs to be eased into. Going from working full-time and really being busy to retired doesn’t work (not for me). Just a short update from the hopefully soon to be un-retired guy.